(1) Before I mention details pertaining to my professional activities, I make it clear that information and details given herein are not to be construed as my intention for soliciting or offering legal services to any person or for advertisement purpose as Bar Council of India Rules prohibits such solicitation and advertisement.
(2). Background:- I joined Bar on 22nd. December 1981 and started practice as an advocate. On the 25th.March 1985, I was appointed as Law Officer in State Bank in India and worked as law Officer in SBI for 29 years 3 months. I was head of the Law Department of SBI at Local Head Offce, Bhubaneswar for about one 1 ½ years and headed Law Department of SBI at Local Head Office, Patna for about 6 years ; I retired from SBI on the 30th. June 2014. During my working as Law Officer, I drafted / vetted documents, & pleadings and represented SBI in Courts & Tribunals as also furnished legal advices/consultancy to SBI on various legal issues. Being Law Officer in SBI, which is a Body Corporate , I continued to practice as an Advocate, vide the then Rule 49 of the Bar Council of India Rules, for and on behalf of State Bank of India.
(3). Followings are some of my professional services:
• Legal consultancy and Decision Search of Supreme Court, High Courts , National Commission , DRAT and other courts.
• Drafting & vetting of documents /pleading
• Appearing in High courts and other lower courts & Tribunals.
• Banking and commercial Law, Service Law, Labour Law, Vigilance & Corruption, Misconduct & Disciplinary Proceedings, Personnel, Consumer, Tax etc.
(4). Library:- I maintain exhaustive and up-to-date Electronic / Digital Law Library.