I was working for an IT company in India which is based in Bangalore and now I have shifted to the United Kingdom with my husband on a dependant VISA as my husband got an ICT Tier 2 VISA sponsored by his Company. I am working from Home India from Hyderabad and thinking on to continue the same even after going to the UK.
So just wanted to check if there are any legal implications associated with it, if yes then what are those? or is it better to leave this job and search for something in the UK?
you can and your India income will be taxable in India .click like
You can work from Home even after you migrate to United kingdom on a dependent visa.
However, your present employer should permit you in writing to work remotely .
The procedure is as follows:
1) Make a written application to your company (HR to be included in the application) outlining the factum of your migration to UK and request them to permit them to work from home.
2) Your company may offer you a contractual role and permit you to work remotely from london (subject to certain terms such as work hours, turn around time for task etc)
3) Please note that since you are going to reside in UK , your present employer has the option to either retain you on their permanent role or redeploy you as an independent contractor. (ideally they should deploy you as an independent contractor)
4) If you are appointed as an independent contractor, then you should register yourself with GST if your income is going to exceed Rs20lakhs per annum.
5) You should raise monthly invoices (assuming you are an independent contractor) and your employer shall pay you in accordance to invoices.
6) Your remuneration shall be paid in indian rupees to your indian non resident ordinary bank account (you should open such account since you are now going to reside in UK) and subject the same to income tax and GST
Hope this information is useful.