Siemens Limited, Gas and Power Operating Company in India is looking for a Legal Counsel. Job location is Gurgaon, Haryana. Work shall include providing legal support to Siemens’ power generation, distribution, transmission and services business, with focus on projects and products.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• As your primary responsibility you will provide professional and pro-active support to acquisition and execution teams on tender evaluation (identification, analysis and mitigation of legal and contractual risks), contract review and negotiation (main contracts, consortium contracts and subcontracts) and contract and claim management in order to ensure that all legal and contractual rights are properly safeguarded and all legal and contractual risks are duly mitigated.
• You will provide review and analyze main contract tenders, including commercial terms and conditions, GCC (General Condition of Contract) & SCC (Special Condition of Contract), bidding document, etc. raised by Government PSUs and private entities and advising on the risk mitigation methods to the technical and commercial project acquisition teams
• In this role you will also review and negotiate a wide range of domestic and international commercial contracts (including NDAs, consortium agreements, pre-bid agreements, supply and purchasing agreements, work contracts, framework agreements, etc.) with large public and private customers, as well as suppliers and subcontractors
• We also expect you to extend support to contract manager(s) supporting the business and project management teams on key contract and claim related issues arising during project execution by providing practical and solution-oriented legal advice in a timely manner
• Additionally you will be responsible for
• Litigation management and support on all legal proceedings like mediation, conciliation, arbitration or court proceedings
• Conduct legal training sessions for business partners on various legal topics such as contract law, competition law, insolvency law, contract and claim management etc.
• Knowledge sharing within the legal team on latest legal developments, best practices and lessons learned
• Expectation management with multiple business stakeholders at all levels
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
1. You have LLB degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with at least 5 to 12 years PQE
2. You have preferably worked with multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners
3. You have diverse experience in handling project business, preferably in the energy industry
4. Your experience of reviewing T&Cs of EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contracts will be an added advantage.
5. The personality aspects of your which will make you our preferred candidate involves - Advanced communication, legal writing skills (English),Problem-solving and solution-oriented approach ,Self-motivated innovative thinker.
6. You are open to occasional to frequent travelling, driven by Integrity, ownership culture and reliability, and like to have fun at work.
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world of Siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about us click here. https://new.siemens.com/in/en.html
And about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers