Name - Mr Vikas Ranjan
passport no- H0379972.
Vessel\'s name - M.V. ISHWARI.
IMO No- 9481661.
Owners- Essar Shipping.
Joined ship from Hazira on 11th oct 2012.
Had been an Essar cadet ,
previous ships : M.V. Badri Prasad , M.V. Mahavir Prasad.
cdc no- MUM 156645.
Date Information received by family: 26-10-2012 / 1100 hrs.
by Mr Arun Bhardwaj (CSO) , Essar shipping.
Father - Expired 5 yrs ago.
two elders brothers.
Only one of the elder brother earning- class 3 govt employee.- Mr Rajesh Kumar Singh.
** Attached you can find initial Incident report.
Family denies suicide logic and evidently from incident report it looks technically flawed.
Company has asked family to come to mumbai and collect the body . Company would bear the
Family is not ready to go to mumbai , they are grassroot people and they dont want to spoil the
case , if essar takes any signature on any document or anything else. Even they anticipate that if the
company washes off their hands after handing over the body.
Our approach prima facie :
1. Essar to deliver the body till Ranchi- ranchi has air connection from Mumbai.
2. How to ensure proper investigation and which bodies to be requested / approached.
3. Can a case/ fir be filed at Ranchi, legally.
4. Can a post mortem be arranged at Ranchi, legally.
5. How to make sure that company pays proper claims and punishment can given to the offender , if any.