Directorate Of Enforcement New Delhi Legal Consultant Recruitment 2020: Directorate Of Enforcement New Delhi invites application for the position Legal Consultant etc. Read details, eligibility criteria mentioned below for the vacancy and eligible candidates can submit their application directly to Directorate Of Enforcement New Delhi before 17-12-2020.
The Directorate of Entorcement, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi invites applications from eligible candidates tor engagement/hiring as Legal Consultant on short term contract basis to assist the Directorate in the discharge of its functions under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA), the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA).
Fugitive Economic Offender Act 2018, Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA), 1973 (since repealed) and related legislation for its offices located at all over India. Applications are hereby invited from eligible candidates to join as Legal Consultants at various offices of Directorate all over India against 46 posts. The number of vacancies may be increased at the time of final selection.
1. Post Name: Legal Consultant
2. No of Posts: 46 posts.
3. The tenure for engagement of Legal Consultants shall be 03 years (to be renewed at the end of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year, respectively) extendable upto 05 years as per performance and official requirements.
4. Qualification:- Essential:- Bachelor's Degree in Law from a National Law School or a recognized University or equivalent. The candidates are required to submit/ attach the experience certificate issued by the Bar Association in support of the claim of practice.
ii. Desirable:- Minimum experience of two years at Bar/ Court dealing with Criminal Laws and Fiscal Laws is desirable.
5. NOTE: Candidates having LLM degree with 3 years of professional/ academic/ research experience will be allotted additional marks tor higher qualification and expenence.
6. The candidates who are engaged as Legal Consultant will be paid a consolidated fee of Rs. 80,000/- (Eighty Thousand) per month.
7. Nature of Duties:- The candidates engaged as Legal Consultants shall render assistance to Officers of the Directorate as directed. They may be required to appear before the Appellate Tribunal for Foreign Exchange, Adjudicating Authority and Appellate Tribunal for P MLA and other Courts as directed. They may also be required to brief the Senior Law Officers, Central Government Standing Counsels and Senior/Panel Advocates.
8. Place of posting:- Candidates on their appointment as Legal Consultants shall be liable to serve anywhere in India in the Directorate of Enforcement. Preferences for location may be indicated ih the application.
Not more than 32 years as on the closing date of the Advertisement/ Notice.
1. The tenure for engagement of Legal Consultants shall be 03 years (to be renevsed at the end of 1st year. 2nd year and 3rd year respectively) extendable upto 05 years as per and official requirements.
2. The Legal Consultants on having accepted the offer of engagement. shall enter into a Contract. also having the confidentiality clause. with the Directorate of Enforcement. detailing the terms and conditions of engagement. before being assigned any work.
3. Any breach of Contract executed by the Legal Consultant with the Directorate of Enforcement shall be considered a sufficient ground tor the termination of the engagement made under the Contract and may further debar such Legal Consultant from tUture engagement by the Directorate of Entorcement.
4. Not with standing anything contained here in above, Directorate and/or Legal Consultant may terminate the contract by giving one month Notice
Joint Director (Admn), Directorate of Enforcement, Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi- 1
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview.
1. The details of the eligibility criteria. remuneration payable and further terms and conditions of engagement are available on the website of the Directorate, viz., www.enforcementdirectorate.gov.in.
2. Applications alongwith copies of supporting documents, viz. , educational qualification, experience, etc. may be sent so as to reach the Joint Director (Admn), Directorate of Enforcement, Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi- 1 within 45 days from the publication Of this Notice in Employment Newspaper.
3. The Director of Enforcement reserves the right to short list the application on the basis Of their qualification, relevant experience etc.
4. The prescribed essential qualification & experience are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.