Google Play App Store

Change of surname in birth certificateChange of surname in birth certificate

Family »Posted 19 Oct 2020 Post Answer

legal question Hi
I have a daughter aged 7 years and I reside in Delhi. I got married in 2010. But I did not change my surname in records till 2018 when I renewed my passport. In my daughter's Birth certificate issued by MCD my name is mentioned as "Sonia Kapoor" (Name before marriage) however as mentioned I had changed my surname in all my documents like Aadhar ,PAN card and Passport to "Sonia Sahni".

My query is that when my daughter needs to use her Birth certificate my name will appear as "Sonia Kapoor" but all other documents will be "Sonia Sahni". How do I change this name as the MCD officials are saying that the name of the mother cannot be changed in Birth certificate in Delhi.

Also will my daughter have any problems if my surname mentioned in her birth certificate is different from the name I have in current documents
Please help.
Sonia Delhi

legal answer from lawyer E00320390In this respect I can seek someone from MCD itself who could help you out. I practice at Delhi High Court.

Lawyer Detail

Talk to Lawyer

legal answer from lawyer E00309261You can change your name by filing an affidavit through SDM.

Lawyer Detail

Talk to Lawyer

Note: - We try our level best to avoid any kind of abusive content posted by users. Kindly report to us if you notice any, [email protected] OR proceed with hide button.   HIDE  

Copyright @ Pathmpor Consultants Pvt Ltd