Applications are invited from qualified Indian Citizens for appointment to the following post in the High Court of Kerala. Candidate shall apply online through the Recruitment Portal (www.hckrecruitment.nic.in). No other means/modes of application will be accepted.
1. Recruitment Number : 4/2020
2. Name of the Post : COURT MANAGER
3. Scale of Pay : ₹42500-87000
4. Number of vacancies and Validity of Ranked List: 2 (TWO) (Vacancies that may arise during the period of validity of the ranked list shall also be filled up from the list. The ranked list prepared pursuant to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year from the date on which it is brought into force and shall continue to remain in force until the publication of a fresh list or till the expiry of two years, whichever is earlier)
5. Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment.
6. Age Limit :
(i) Candidates born between 02/01/1984 and 01/01/2002 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
(ii) Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribe born between 02/01/1979 and 01/01/2002 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
(iii) Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes born between 02/01/1981 and 01/01/2002 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
(iv) A candidate who is an Ex-serviceman or Ex-general Reserve Engineer Force person or a disembodied Territorial Army person, in reckoning the age for his eligibility for appointment can exclude the period of his service in the defence forces or in the General Reserve Engineer Force or in the Territorial Army, as the case may be, and the period of unemployment on discharge up to a maximum of five years provided he has not completed the age of 50 years.
(v) Age relaxation upto 15 years will be granted to (a) the blind and (b) the deaf and dumb candidates and 10 years to orthopaedically disabled candidates subject to the condition that in no case upper age limit shall exceed 50 years.
(vi) Age relaxation upto 5 years will be granted to widows, subject to the condition that in no case upper age limit shall exceed 50 years.
(vii) A candidate who has experience as Court Manager in High Courts or Subordinate Courts shall be eligible for relaxation of upper age limit up to the period of service rendered as Court Manager or five years, whichever is less. This relaxation will be in addition to the age relaxation admissible, if any as per any other provision.
(1). Educational :-
(a) Bachelors degree (Regular) in any subject awarded or recognised by any of the Universities in Kerala.
(b) M.B.A (Regular) from a recognised university. (c) Desirable: - LL.B Degree (Regular) from a recognised university.
(a) Five Years Experience as Court Manager in High Court, Subordinate Courts. OR Five Years Experience in High Court / State / Central Government or PSUs in a Gazetted / managerial Capacity. OR Five Years Experience in IT systems and Process Management or Financial Management or Human Resource Management in a managerial capacity.
(b) Excellent communication skills and
(c) Excellent Computer Application skills.
Note:- The candidates must have acquired all the qualifications on or before the date of closure of Step II process of online application.
8. Mode of Selection: Selection will be on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
(i) Written Test: - The written test will be objective type with multiple choices of 2 hours duration consisting of questions from two sections with marks shown against each (Total 150 marks) as follows.
(ii) Interview: The interview is for 20 marks.The minimum marks for being included in the ranked list will be 50% in the interview.
9. Application Fee:
₹600/- (Rupees Six Hundred only). Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Unemployed Differently abled candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. For payment of fee, candidates should either use system generated Fee Payment Challan or pay online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Net Banking by following instructions on the screen. Bank Transaction charges for Payment of application fee, if applicable, will have to be borne by the candidate.
10. Facilities for Persons with Disabilities:
(i) Candidates who are blind/low vision or affected by cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment and whose writing speed is affected can avail the services of a scribe of their choice during the written test. Such candidates, whether availing the facility of scribe or not, will be allowed compensatory time of 40 minutes.
(ii) The use of scribe will be governed by the guidelines prescribed by the High Court and the candidates will have to produce a medical certificate and declaration at the time of written test in the prescribed format which will be available in the recruitment portal.
11. Examination Centre: The written test will be conducted at Ernakulam.
12. Candidates possessing degrees which are not awarded by the Universities in Kerala should obtain certificate of recognition of their degrees, from any of the Universities in Kerala and keep it with them. The certificate of recognition of the degree should be produced as and when called for, failure of which will entail cancellation of candidature.
13. Documents in original to prove age, qualifications, Community, Non Creamy Layer status, etc should be produced as and when called for, failure of which will entail cancellation of candidature. The candidates who belong to differently abled category will have to produce a certificate from the medical board as per G.O (P) No.39/2012/SWD dated 30/06/2012 as and when called for. (The format of certificates will be available in the link ‘Downloads’ in the recruitment portal.)
14. Candidates, who are in the service of the Government of India or any of the State Governments, while applying, should obtain No Objection Certificate from their Head of Office or Department and keep it with them. If the candidate fails to produce the No Objection Certificate as and when called for, his/her candidature will stand cancelled. (Format of NOC is available in the link 'Downloads' in the recruitment portal)
15. The candidate should ensure that the particulars furnished by him/her are correct in all respects. Anything not specifically claimed in the application against the appropriate field will not be considered at a later stage. In case it is detected at any stage of the recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material facts, his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If suppression of material facts or furnishing of any incorrect/false information is detected even after appointment, his/her service is liable to be terminated.
16. Applications not submitted in accordance with the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this Notification as well as the instructions published in the Recruitment Portal of the High Court will be summarily rejected.
17. Canvassing in any form will entail cancellation of candidature. 18. Appointment from the ranked list will be made in accordance with rules of reservation prescribed in the Rules 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Services Rules, 1958 and in accordance with the rules made for the purpose from time to time. 19. How to Apply:
a) The online application process has two parts - Step-I and Step-II. 'Step-I/ New Applicant' is the first part for registration of the applicants. 'Step-II/ Registered Applicant' is the second part of the process for those applicants who had completed Step-I. A candidate's online application is complete only if he/she completes both the steps which include the submission of application by clicking the 'FINAL SUBMISSION' option available in Step –II process and payment of application fee (if applicable).
b) Candidates are advised to have a valid Mobile Number / valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the recruitment process. No request for change of Mobile Number/e-mail ID will be entertained. The High Court will send various intimations relating to the recruitment as SMS/e-mail to this Mobile Number/e-mail ID.
c) In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she may create his/her e-mail ID before applying online.
d) If the candidate does not mention his/her Mobile Number/e-mail ID, no intimation relating to the recruitment will be sent to the candidate. Such candidates will have to visit the recruitment portal frequently for getting information about the recruitment.
e) Before applying online, a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his photograph and signature (in a pen drive or CD) as per the following specifications; Sl. No. Image File size Dimensions(should be the exact size) Height Width 1 Photograph 20 KB to 40 KB 200 pixels 150 pixels 2 Signature 10 KB to20 KB 100 pixels 150 pixels f) For further details the candidates are advised to visit the link "Guidelines for Photograph & Signature" available on the main page. Candidates should take care to upload good quality photograph. Otherwise it would be difficult to identify the candidate from the photograph on the Admission Ticket. If the candidate cannot be identified from the photograph printed on the Admission Ticket, he/she will not be allowed to write the examination. g) The candidate should also keep the particulars of educational qualifications and other personal details ready before applying as these details are required to be entered in the online Application Form. The detailed requirements are given in the link “Sample Application Form” available in the main page.