1. Position: District Judges
2. Scale of Pay: Rs. 51,550-1230-58930-1380-63070/-p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules.
3. Eligibility:In order to be eligible for appointment by direct recruitment to the cadre of the service the candidate:
(i) must be a citizen of India;
(ii) Must be a holder of degree in Law of a recognized University;
(iii) Must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of criminal and civil jurisdiction on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have so practiced for a period of not less than 7 (seven) years as on such date as per Annexure-B.
Age: Must have attained the age of 35 (thirty-five) years and must not have attained the age of 48 (forty-eight) years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 45 (forty-five) years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of application, that is., 19th February. 2020.
Application Fee: Application Fees for the post of Grade-I Meghalaya Higher Judicial Service is Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand) only for General Candidates and Rs.700/- (Rupees Seven Hundred) only, in case of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Candidates.
High Court of Meghalaya, Shillong - 793001, Meghalaya.
1. The competitive examination for appointment of District Judges by direct recruitment shall consist of;
(i) A written examination comprising of 3 (three) papers of two hours' duration each. Each paper shall carry 100 marks. The syllabus for these papers as prescribed by the High Court is attached at Annexure-C, and
(ii) Viva-Voce examination shall carry 50 marks.
2. The candidate from General Category who obtain 60% or more marks and the candidate who obtain 50 % or more marks in Reserved Category in the written examination shall be eligible for viva-voce.
3. Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of overall merit and suitability.
1. Candidates are advised to apply and submit their applications strictly through On-line mode by clicking on the "Online Application for Grade- I Meghalaya Higher Judicial Service" icon appearing in the website viz. www.meghalayahighcourt.nic.in. Application received through any other mode shall not be accepted and will be summarily rejected.
2. For candidates applying for the first time through On-line mode, a one- time registration process is required to enable them to apply against the advertised vacancies/posts. Kindly read the instructions on the web page carefully before applying online. The online application will be enabled from the 4th February, 2020 at 13:00 Hrs and the last date for accepting the online application is on 19th February, 2020.
3. Candidates should carefully read the instructions given in the website. The last date for submission of online application shall be on 19th February, 2020. No TA/DA shall be paid to the applicants for attending the examination and personal interview.