Other Qualification Details:
1. Essential Qualification: Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India. Candidate must be a practising Advocate in Courts of Civil and/or Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of On-line Applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than Seven Years, as on 30/04/2019.
2. Candidate must possess Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation, as set out by the Government of Gujarat in General Administration Department Resolution No. PRCH-102005-1532-K, dated 30/09/2006 and CRR-10-2007-120320-G.5, dated 13/08/2008.
3. Pay-scale of Rs. 51,650-1240-59,090-1390-63,260+ Allowances, as admissible under the Rules.
Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 35 years and must not have attained the age of 48 years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, Orthopedically Disabled Persons and Ex-servicemen and 45 years in the case of General Candidates, as on the last date fixed for registration of the Online Application, i.e. on 30/04/2019.
Application Fee: The candidates belonging to General Category are required to pay Examination Fees of Rs.1000/- plus Bank Charges whereas Rs. 500/- plus Bank Charges are required to paid by the Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, Orthopedically Disabled Persons and Ex-Servicemen Categories via Print Application / Pay Fee Button through SBI ePay, provided on the webpage of HC-OJAS Portal - https://hcojas.guj.nic.in.
1. No communication / correspondence shall be entertained from any Candidate, during the Recruitment Process.
2. Candidates belonging to General Category, who are born between 30/04/1974 and 30/04/1984 and the candidates belonging to Reserved Categories (SC/ST/SEBC) as well as Orthopedically Disabled Persons and Ex-Servicemen, who born between 30/04/1971 and 30/04/1984, shall only be eligible to apply.
3. The Candidates who have successfully submitted On-line Applications, shall only be eligible for appearing at the Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and/or Viva-voce, subject to their qualifying therefore.
4. The decision of the High Court as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and/or Viva-voce, shall be final. No candidate, to whom a Certificate of Admission viz. 'e-Call-Letter-cum-Admission Slip' has not been issued by the Recruiting Authority, shall be admitted for the Examination concerned.
5. The candidates shall have to appear at their own expenses for the Preliminary Examination / Main Written Examination and Viva-voce, (if called for), at the place and time, that may be decided by the High Court.
6. The list of eligible/short-listed candidates will be placed on High Court website as well as HC-OJAS portal, at the relevant time.
7. For any exigency arising in the interregnum phases between the Recruitment Process, no request by e-mail or otherwise, will be entertained for conducting re-test, under any circumstances.
Gujarat High Court, Sarkhej - Gandhinagar Hwy, Sola, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380060.
(I) For Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test)
(II) Competitive Examination
(B) Viva–voce Test (Personal Interview)
1. All eligible Candidates should apply ‘On-line’, through the link provided in High Court Website www.gujarathighcourt.nic.in AND https://hcojas.guj.nic.in in the prescribed format from 01/04/2019 to 30/04/2019.
2. Candidates should have his/her own ‘registered’ Mobile Number and the same should be kept active during the entire recruitment process, as ‘SMS’ Alerts for the Tests, are also likely to be notified on the said Mobile Number, so registered in the ‘On-line’ Application.
3. Steps for submitting On-line Application through the ‘OJAS’ Module:
(i) Fill up all the ‘Fields’ given in On-line Application, carefully, as per the Instructions, after thoroughly reading & understanding the entire Detailed Advertisement & the Instructions given at the appropriate places.
(ii) ‘Save’ the On-line Application, by clicking ‘save’ button.
(iii) Thereafter, a new window will be opened which displays Candidate’s Application Number. This means, the Application has been saved. Candidates shall therefore note down the entire string of the Application No. (e.g. HCG/2017/52/11111). In this window, by clicking ‘Show Application Preview’ Button, preview of the Application will be displayed on the screen of the Computer.
(iv) Thereafter, by using Application No. and Date of Birth, candidate is required to Upload his / her ‘Scanned Photograph’ (latest) and ‘Scanned Signature’ in the stipulated size & format [refer item 10(u)]. The Candidate shall ensure that, the uploaded ‘Photograph’ & 'Signature’ are distinctly recognizable, after uploading.
(v) If necessary, by using the respective Application Number & Date of Birth, a candidate can edit his/her ‘On-line Application’, through ‘Edit Application’ mode until he/she confirms the ‘On-line Application’, by clicking the ‘Confirm Application’ icon. Please note that, after such ‘Confirmation’, further editing of one’s ‘On-line Application’, will not be possible.
(vi) Please Note that only after ‘Confirmation’, the ‘System’ will register your ‘On-line Application’, which will be considered valid.
(vii) Thereafter, Candidate will get a SMS communication, conveying to him/her the Confirmation Number, on the ‘registered’ Mobile Number. This Confirmation Number should be securely ‘preserved’ by the Candidate, till the end of the recruitment process, for downloading the ‘e-Call-letter-cum-Admission Slip’ etc.
(viii) The Candidate is now required to pay the requisite Fees by clicking “Print Application / Pay Fee” Button. Carefully follow the Instructions / Help given thereat. Select the Mode of Payment i.e. Online Payment or SBI Branch : Offline-Cash (Challan will be generated Online, by Selecting 'Cash' Option)
(ix) At the end of the process, the Candidate shall take ‘Print outs’ of his/her Confirmed Application on A4 size (letter size) Paper only, by clicking ‘Print Application’ Tab of the Main Menu, during the Online Registration Window (01/04/2019 to 30/04/2019).
(x) Please note that the Candidate is not required to send copy of his/her On-line Application and/or any testimonials / documents to the High Court. They should produce the same, as and when called for.
4. Important Dates:
a. Starting date for submission of On-line Application - 01/04/2019 (12:00 Hours)
b. Closing date for submission of On-line Application - 30/04/2019 (23:59 Hours)
c. Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) - 16/06/2019
d. Main Written Examination - 04/08/2019
e. Viva-voce Test (Personal Interview) - October/November, 2019.