Applications are invited from the Advocates, for appointment as Oath Commissioners in the State of Karnataka, who are qualified as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications i.e. 07/02/2020 till 04.00 PM, as per Rule 5A of Chapter XI of the Karnataka High Court Rules, 1959 (as substituted by Notification No.LCA-I/108/1995, dated 19/4/2000) and Rule 28A of Karnataka Civil Rules of Practice, 1967, for administering oath or affirmation on affidavits intended to be filed before the High Court of Karnataka, Principal Bench at Bengaluru, Benches at Dharwad, Kalaburagi and Subordinate Courts in the State, ON CIVIL SIDE ONLY.
1. Name of the Post: Oath Commissioners
2. Eligibility: Advocates, who have put in practice of not less than 2 years and not more than 4 years, as on 07/02/2020, are eligible for appointment.
3. Tenure: The appointment shall be made initially for a period of 3 years and may be extended for a period till the completion of practice of seven years.
4. No Advocate, who has attained the age of 35 years as on the last date fixed for filing of applications, is eligible for appointment.
Age: 35 years
1. Applicants shall read all the instructions carefully before submitting online application, so as to avoid mistakes/rejection.
2. The Applicants shall provide mobile number and valid e-mail ID (both compulsory), for communication, at relevant columns while submitting online application. The Authority is not responsible for non-receipt of SMS or E-MAIL.
3. The eligible Advocates seeking appointment as Oath Commissioners in the District Courts’ shall submit their applications through Online in the prescribed form together with necessary attested copies of enclosures and also submit a hardcopy of the application to the concerned Principal District and Sessions Judge of that District.
4. Advocates seeking appointment as Oath Commissioners in Benches of High Court of Karnataka at Dharwad and Kalaburagi shall submit their applications in the prescribed format alongwith attested copies of the enclosures through online and hardcopy of the application alongwith enclosures be forwarded to the “The Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru”.
The Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru.
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
1. Last Date and Time: To register/submit online application: 07/02/2020 till 4 p.m.
2. Only one application has to be submitted by each applicant.
3. Intimation will be sent to the eligible candidates through SMS and E-MAIL provided. The list of eligible candidates for appointment as ‘Oath Commissioners’ will also be notified on the High Court of Karnataka website: http://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/recruitment.asp,.
4. The candidate shall possess all original testimonials mentioned below at the time of submitting online application and same shall be produced along with three sets of self-attested photocopies of the following while appearing for verification:
a. Online submitted application.
b. Enrolment Certificate.
c. Proof of Identity Card issued by Bar Council.
d. SSLC or Equivalent Certificate showing the date of birth.
e. Two passport size photographs.
5. Registers, Receipt Books and Seals required for the use of Oath Commissioners will be supplied by the High Court to the Advocates, who are appointed as Oath Commissioners, at their cost.
6. The candidate shall scan his/her latest passport size photograph with white background (having 5 cm of length X 3.6 cm of breadth with max. size 50 kb) and signature on white paper in black ball point pen (having 2.5 cm of length X 7.5 cm of breadth with max. size 25 kb) in jpg format and upload the same, while submitting the online application.
7. The candidates shall not upload any other original or attested copies of the documents/certificates as specified at Column No.10 (except the above specified documents) at the stage of submitting the online application.
8. The unfilled, abrupt, illegible, while submitting online applications and at the time of verification without attested copies of all enclosures are liable to be rejected.