Finastra: Who are we?
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today - spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premise or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach, we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 employees are part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth and value.
What will you contribute to?
We have a position available for a Legal Counsel/Commercial Manager, to be based in Bangalore India.
The successful candidate will work alongside members of the business (from Sales, Global Services, Finance, Customer Services, Human Resources, Marketing, etc.) to drive the vision and overall legal, commercial and compliance strategy for certain territories within Asia, predominantly for India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh (“South Asia”), as well as providing support for other countries in Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, as required.
The Legal Counsel/Commercial Manager will be expected to drive and support (as part of the APAC Legal and Commercial Team) more integrated and efficient processes within the region, and promote and police compliance with corporate policies within assigned territories.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the contracting process - from qualification, through negotiation and signature, handover to project teams, deliver, and any subsequent variations. Strong negotiation and drafting skills are essential for this role. Taking initiatives, focusing on solutions rather than problems, an ability to work under pressure, and being a team player are all critical character attributes required for this role.
- Support the APAC business and coordinate the delivery of proactive and strategic legal services to the business, with a primary focus on supporting the closure of deals, maximizing value and mitigating risk.
- Ability to provide advice on a wide range of legal subjects in various jurisdictions (such as contract, corporate and employment laws), with the ability to spot issues and bring in specialists as required.
- Play a leading role with respect to customers, negotiating customer contracts and having accountability for the contracting processes in assigned territories.
- Structure and negotiate complex transactions, including software licensing and services (including cloud services), and partnership agreements.
- Work with business development to negotiate and structure partnership agreements.
- Ensure legal compliance policies and procedures are communicated to, understood and followed by colleagues.
- Identify emerging regulatory and policy issues, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Drive cross-business, global and regional synergies to maximize the effectiveness of the APAC Legal and Commercial team.
- In partnership with the Company Secretariat team, oversee statutory compliance for legal entities in South Asia, including corporate statutory filings.
- Work across all internal organizations to instill core knowledge/competency on legal and commercial issues.
- Present to various audiences within Asia Pacific regarding Legal & Commercial topics, compliance issues and policies in both a formal and informal manner.
- Coordinate and manage some litigation matters.
- Identify and retain external counsel to provide legal advice to Finastra where necessary, including identifying issues for advice, choosing external counsel, providing instructions, negotiating fees, reviewing advice received, liaison between business and external counsel.
- Travel as required to negotiate contracts face-to-face with customers and partners.
- Legal qualifications: India (or Commonwealth country) qualified lawyer.
- A minimum of six (6) years of legal and/or commercial contract negotiation experience in South Asia, ideally including experience with a well established international law firm and/or multi-national corporation. Candidates with more or relevant experience will also be actively considered.
- Good drafting, negotiating and transactional skills.
- Previously demonstrated experience drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions, ideally including software licensing and associated services delivery.
- IT and Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Experience of working for an international organization.
- Demonstrated experience of direct dealings with international clients and prioritizing their conflicting demands in an extremely fast paced environment; superior negotiation and influencing skills; outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization; strong all-round expertise and ability to lead and focus on the “big picture” in delicate and difficult situations.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to demonstrate personal authority and command respect from colleagues. Personal Confidence to “say no” when appropriate.
- Committed and energetic, willing to work as required to support the demands of the business.
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Driven to be involved in both APAC and Global Legal and Commercial initiatives.
Legal Jobs In India