Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to Work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management. While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in the capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
About the Role:
We seek a highly-motivated and enterprising lawyer to become a member of the legal team of one of India's best start-ups.
The Role in Brief:
The Legal Associate will mainly advise and support the sales and procurement teams in the review, negotiation and closure of contracts. They will also advise and enable critical and strategic partnerships. This position is located in our Chennai office.
- Review, negotiation and closure of contracts with customers, vendors and strategic partners across the globe
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure contract closure
- Research on matters related to applicable laws
- General corporate commercial advisory
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant professional work experience as an in-house counsel of an IT/product company.
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Experience in Privacy