Post : Legal Officer
Salary : Rs. 35,150/-Per Month
Last Date to Apply : 20/01/2020
1. For Grade 'B' Officers: Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹35,150/- p.m. in the scale of ₹35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400 applicable to Officers in Grade ‘B’. They will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Special Allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments are approximately ₹77208/- (approx.)
2. Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Law from any University/College/Institution, recognized by UGC and the Bar Council of India with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
3. Desirable: (a) Bachelor’s Degree in Law with 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years or Master’s Degree in Law. (b) Proficiency in computer applications.
4. Experience (as on December 1, 2019):
a. Essential: At least two years’ experience as an (i) Advocate/ Legal Consultant/ Legal Assistant/ Associate in an Advocates’ or Solicitors’ Office or Law firm after being enrolled with the Bar Council; or (ii) as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a large bank/financial institution /statutory corporation /company/State/ Central Government or (iii) as a full-time teacher in a Law College/ University, teaching law.
b. Desirable: Special knowledge of Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents.
5. Job Requirements: (i) Dealing with references on legal issues received from various departments of the Bank and its associate institutions, which are mainly related to the interpretation of various statutes such as Reserve Bank of India Act 1934, Banking Regulation Act 1949, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Companies Act 2013, etc. (ii) Preparing initial drafts of legislation administered/to be administered by the Bank. (iii) Preparation of drafts of pleadings and comprehensive instructions/briefs to counsel in connection with litigation involving the Bank and its associate institutions. (iv) Appearing before Conciliation Officers, Labour Courts, Tribunals etc. on behalf of the Bank.
Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on December 1, 2019 (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02-12-1987 and not later than 01-12-1998). Upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years in case of candidates possessing LL.M. degree and 5 years in the case of candidates possessing Ph.D in Law. Refer Para 10 below for relaxation in upper age limit for specified categories. (Cumulative benefit is not allowed)
Application Fee: SC/ST - 100/-, GEN / OBC /PwBD - 600/- & [email protected] - Nil
1. Correspondence with the Board: The Board will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases: The eligible candidates shall be issued an Admit Card two weeks before the commencement of the examination. The Admit Card will be made available on the Bank's website www.rbi.org.in for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination two weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the help facility as mentioned above.
2. Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit a photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Admit Card/ Examination Call Letter while attending each shift of the examination without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination. Candidates will have to carry two/three photocopies of photo ID proof, as there will be two/three shifts. Candidates must note that the name (provided during the process of registration) as appearing on the call letters should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof, certificates, mark-sheets. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce - original Gazette Notification/their original marriage certificate/affidavit in original, together with a photocopy. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Admit Card/ Examination Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
3. Candidates seeking reservation/ relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/Exservicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation/ relaxation as per eligibility prescribed. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated for such benefits and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of the application
1. Website Link Open for Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges December 30, 2019 to January 20, 2020
2. Date of Examination (except for Assistant Librarian in Grade ‘A’) February 15, 2020
1. Manager (Technical - Civil) - Selection will be through Online and Offline Examination.Final selection will be on the basis of performance in the examination and interview taken together.
2. Assistant Manager (Rajbhasha) - Selection will be through examination and interview
3. Assistant Manager (Protocol & Security) - : Selection will be through Online examination and Interview
4. Legal Officer in Grade ‘B’ - Selection will be through Online and Offline Examinations and Interview.