Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) is looking for engaging a pool of 30 talented Young Professionals (YPs) from disciplines various from prestigious academic and professional institutes across the country, who have a passion to perform statistical activities, statistical functions and data analytics along with knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) applications.
1. Junior Consultant (Legal): 03, 02 Positions in MoSPI Offices in Delhi, 01 Position in MoSPI Offices in Kolkata
2. Essential Qualification (i) Integrated Law Graduates / LLB from a recognized university.
(ii) 5 years experience in handling legal issues in public / private enterprises / government cases / IPR / MoUs / GFRs / CCS, IPC, CrPC / International legal matters
3. Brief Job Description (i) Examination of various court cases and preparing summary reports indicating course of action. Preparation of Communications and drafting of replies on legal and other matter. Scrutiny of cases and drafting of Concept notes, RFPs, MoUs, guidelines, gazette notifications, draft affidavits, replies on Court cases, contracts and other legal document as per requirement. Any other work within the scope of engagement.
(ii) To assist office in court cases in CAT / High Court and Supreme Court
(iii) Any other work within the scope of engagement
2.Young Professional (Legal): 03
i. Essential Qualification: Integrated Law Graduates / LLB from a recognized university / institute
ii. Desirable Qualification: (i) At least three years Experience of working in handling legal issues (ii) knowledge of drafting legal petitions/replies (iii) Conversant with procedure to be followed in filing cases and follow up in Central Administrative Tribunal, High Courts and Supreme Court of India (iv) Well versed with CCS, IPC, CRPC, CPC, RTI rules. (v) Preference will be given to candidates having experience in working with Government
iii. Brief Job Description: (i) Examination of various cases and preparing summary reports indicating course of actions. (ii) Preparation of communications and drafting of replies on legal & other matters
related to the Division.
Age: The maximum age limit for the consultants would be 65 years. However, consultants beyond 65 years of age and up to 70 years of age could be engaged with the approval of CSI & Secretary, MoSPI in exceptional cases.
1. Engagement of Retired Govt. Servants as Consultants: Retired Government servant may also apply for positions of consultants. However, terms and conditions of their engagement would be governed in accordance with the relevant guidelines issued by Government of India from time to time
2. Annual Increase: For YPs an annual increase of ₹5000/- per month in the remuneration may be granted subject to satisfactory performance and fulfilling other terms and conditions.
3. Entitlement of Allowances: These are consolidated emoluments and no other allowances viz. DA, Accommodation, Residential Phone, Conveyance /Transport, Personal Staff, Medical reimbursement, HRA and LTC etc. would be admissible
4. Tax Deduction at source: Remuneration to YPs and Consultants will be paid as professional services and Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules, will be deducted at source before effecting the payment, for which the MoSPI will issue TDS Certificates as applicable.
5. Termination of Contract: The appointment of YPs and Consultants will be temporary in nature and either party may terminate contract by giving one month’s notice without assigning any reason for it.
6. Working hours: Normal working hours would be Monday to Friday as per stipulated office hours except designated holidays by Government of India. However, if work exigencies required, the YPs & Consultants may be required to attend office on Saturdays, Sundays and designated holidays by controlling officer without any additional remuneration and allowances/compensation
7. Police Verification: Police verification of the selected YPs and consultant shall be done as per the latest instruction issued by MHA. In case negative police verification is received, the contract of YP/individual.
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, Pushpa Bhawan, Madangir Road, New Delhi
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
1. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply for the positions of YPs and Consultants by submitting online applications at the link http://training.mospi.gov.in. Last date for submission of the application is 15th June, 2020 (Monday) till 06:00 PM only.
2. Address: Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, Pushpa Bhawan, Madangir Road, New Delhi
3. Candidates would be required to furnish original documents for verification before the selection process/interview. In absence of original documents and if any of the information furnished in application is found to be false at any stage candidature would be cancelled.