National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis. Emergency Medical Relief Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare intends to engage the services of a Consultant (Legal) as detailed below, on contract basis, for a period of one year, subject to extension, based on functional requirement and suitability, in connection of various activities related to Emergency Medical Relief Division and Public Health Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Job responsibilities: To provide support to Emergency Medical Response Division and Public Health Division but not limited to the following:
1. Legal matters related to EMR Division and Public Health Division.
2. To examine and analyse law/ statute related cases and render advice.
3. To prepare documents for filing in various forums connected with legal matters.
4. To render advice and inputs connected with legal vetting of documents.
5. To carry out any other and all tasks as may be assigned by EMR Division and Public Health Division.
6. To work in coordination with other officers and consultants of EMR Division and Public Health Division.
7. To be able to quote and furnish the Case Law
8. Coordinating with Government Counsels and other Authorities.
9. Assisting EMR Division and Public Health Division by regularly monitoring the progress of court cases pending.
10. Coordinate with ASG/ Legal representatives to Union of India.
11. Draft the parawise/ point to point reply to the petitions and various applications of the court cases pending in Supreme Court and High Court. 12. Coordinate and correspond with all concerned parties within the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as well as outside the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 13. Drafting counter affidavits, affidavits and replies on behalf of the Union of India i.e. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. 14. Attending the hearing of important court matters and briefing the matters to the Central Government Counsels and learned ASG.
10 years’ experience in legal matters out of which 2 to 4 years of experience must be with Central Government and having exposure to the following areas:
1. Handling of Court cases/ arbitration cases including those related to public interest litigations/ suo moto matters regarding pandemics/ epidemics/ public health emergencies/ establishment/ contractual cases at High Court and Supreme Court level.
2. Experience of examine and analysis of Law/ Statute.
3. Sound knowledge of Government administrative regulations/ experience in Legal procedures/ labour laws/ arbitration matters.
4. Fluency in written and oral English/ legal drafting skills.
5. Familiarity with Public Health Systems and Government Health Schemes.
Persons should be upto age of 45 years on the last date of submitting application and having sound health to undertake field visits. Contract Period: The candidates selected after a short list process which may include personal interview of short listed candidates, would be considered for engagement purely on contract basis initially for a period of one year, extendable subject to functional requirements and suitability. Remuneration: Remuneration shall be Rs. 1,00,000/- (One Lakh only) per month. To Apply: Candidates are requested to download the application form attached with the TOR, which is uploaded on the NHSRC website and email the duly filled application form to [email protected] only, by 27-Nov-2020. Application submitted in other format will not be accepted. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.