Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the following posts on contract basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Senior Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator.
2. No. of Posts: 03
3. Essential Qualifications: a. Minimum of LLB degree b. At least 2 years’ experience in directly working with children in juvenile justice system, and/or in Special Courts/ family courts. c. Strong English oral and written skills. d. Good working knowledge of oral Hindi e. A thorough knowledge of Indian laws pertaining to children (such as POCSO,JJ Act etc.) f. Evidence of training experience in child and law related issues. g. Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child and law related issues. h. Willingness to travel within the country
4. Desired knowledge/skills. Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language. - A deep commitment to children’s issues. - Dynamic and flexible with the ability to undertake new initiatives and respond quickly to changing situations and new needs.
5. Emoluments / Salary Rs.90,000/- per month (Consolidated).
6.Job Profile: Implement project activities including data collection, analysis, training, material development. Interact with legal and judicial systems for assistance to individual children as well as systems issues. Work with various technical teams in a coordinated manner . Compile project reports as required. Represent the project through government/coordination meetings.
7. Duration of the Post: 1 year (Initial appointment will be made for a period of six months and extendable based on the performance of the candidate)
2. No. of Posts: 02
3. Essential Qualifications:a. Master’s Degree, in Social Work/ Public Health/ Psychology or LLB b. Knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. c. Strong English oral and written skills. d. Good working knowledge of oral Hindi e. Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child mental health and protection f. Willingness to travel within the country
4. Desired knowledge/skills. - Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language. - A deep commitment to children’s issues. - Prior work/ research in the area of child protection and mental health.
5. Emoluments / Salary Rs.35,000/- per month (Consolidated).
6.Job Profile: Carry out data collection and analysis according to protocols laid out by project team. Review print and online resources to gather information - Prepare graphs and spreadsheets to portray results. Develop reports to present study findings and conclusions. Create presentation slides and posters to present study findings
7. Duration of the Post: 06 months (extendable based on the performance of the candidate)
Age: 40 - 45 years
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560 029
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. Interview will be conducted via Video conference and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria may apply by sending the following two documents ONLY to by email to [email protected]:
b. A covering letter explaining eligibility for the position (in accordance with the essential criteria mentioned above)
c. Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
d. In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
Candidates who apply should invariably mention the Notification No. & Date, Position applied for; email ID, Contact No. & Postal Address, failing which the application will not be considered. Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. Interview will be conducted via Video conference and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates. The last date for receipt of applications is 07.07.2020 Applications received later will not be entertained.