Other Qualification Details:
1. Position: The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) through Project 39A (P39A) is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, two Associates (Litigation) at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi. The contract will be for one year initially and can be extended on an annual basis at the discretion of the University. The Associates will be responsible for working on cases being handled by P39A, primarily concerning prisoners sentenced to death.0
2. Responsibilities: A. Devise legal strategy and arguments for cases handled by the Project and carry out related research. B. Draft criminal appeals, review petitions, writ petitions, mercy petitions, applications, rejoinders and other legal documents. C. Brief and assist advocates on record and senior counsels.
3. Qualifications: A. Graduate with an LLB degree. B. Enrolment with any State Bar Council. C. Those with full-time criminal litigation experience of one year or more will be given preference. D. Ability to read/ write/ speak regional Indian languages will be an advantage but is not mandatory. Applicants who speak regional Indian languages are requested to list the same in their applications.
4. Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be within the range of Rs. 50,000-Rs.60,000 per month.
National Law University Delhi, Pocket 1, Sector 14 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the deadline, please assume that your application has not succeeded. Unfortunately, we cannot reply to individual queries about the status of applications.
2. National Law University, Delhi is an equal opportunity employer and Project 39-A ensures access to legal representation for prisoners regardless of the offence.
3. National Law University, Delhi reserves the right to conduct additional rounds of interviews or written test.
4. National Law University, Delhi reserves the right to not fill the positions and shall be unable to cover the costs of attending interviews.
6. The position shall be paid under the grants received by Project 39A, National Law University, Delhi.
National Law University, Delhi reserves the right to conduct additional rounds of interviews or written test
Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working on issues of death penalty and criminal justice, and the contribution that they see themselves making. The statement of purpose must not exceed 750 words. Please send your resumé and statement of purpose to [email protected] The subject of the e-mail should be “Project 39A - Application for Associate (Litigation)”. Please note that the subject line should be exactly the same as mentioned above else the application may not be accepted. Deadline: Applications must reach us no later than midnight of December 8, 2019 after which the applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the latest by December 15, 2019.