Three Deputy Registrar of Trade Marks and Geographical Indications, Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (OBC-01, UR-02). The posts are suitable for Physically Challenged person viz. Visual Impairment/ Hearing Impairment/ Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy/ Leprosy Cured/Dwarfism/ Acid Attack Victims/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Multiple Disabilities with disability i.e. Low Vision (LV) or Hard of Hearing (HH) or Both legs affected but not arms (BL) or One leg affected (R or L) (OL) or One arm affected (R or L (OA) or One Arm and One Leg Affected (OAL) or Leprosy Cured (LC) or Dwarfism (DW) or Acid Attack Victim (AAV) or Muscular Weakness and Limited physical endurance (MW) or Multiple Disabilities [2 or more disabilities among (a) to (c) above] (MD). The posts are permanent. Pay Scale: Level-12 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC. General Central Service Group ‘A’ Gazetted, NonMinisterial. Age: 50 years.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (A) EDUCATIONAL: Degree in Law of a recognized University OR Master Degree in Law of a recognized University.
(B) EXPERIENCE: (i) For LLB Degree Holders :- Ten years practice at a Bar or ten years’ experience in the State Judicial Service or in the Legal Department of a State Government or of the Central Government or in the processing of applications for registration filed under the Trade Marks Act or Geographical Indications Act or in teaching law in a recognized University OR (ii) For LLM Degree Holders :- Eight years’ experience in teaching law or in conducting research in law in a recognized University or research Institution. NOTE-I: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified. DESIRABLE: PhD in Intellectual Property from a Recognized university. DUTIES: Under the superintendence and direction of the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar has to pass orders on applications for registration of Trade Marks, hear opposition, rectification and other Trade Marks matters and issue orders, decisions and any other work assigned to him. HQ: Mumbai with All India Service Liability
a) Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent certificate indicating date of birth, or mark sheet of Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of claim of age. Where date of birth is not available in certificate/mark sheets, issued by concerned Educational Boards, School leaving certificate indicating Date of Birth (in case of Tamil Nadu& Kerala).
b) Degree/Diploma certificate as proof of educational qualification claimed. In the absence of Degree/Diploma certificate, provisional certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years.
c) Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed, indicatingthe Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement.
1. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
3. Age relaxation to persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989: The relaxation in upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989. The persons claiming relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce a certificate to this effect from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir. This relaxation shall remain in force upto 31.12.2019.
1. The category-wise minimum level of suitability in interviews, irrespective of whether the selection is made only by interview or by Recruitment Test followed by interview, will be UR-50 marks, OBC-45 marks, SC/ST/PH-40 marks, out of the total marks of interview being 100.
2. In cases where selection is made by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by interview, the candidate will have to achieve minimum level of suitability in their respective category at both stages i.e. ‘Recruitment Test’ as well as ‘Interview’. The minimum level of suitability in case of RT shall be decided by the Commission on case to case basis.
1. Candidates must apply online through the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.Candidates must upload the following documents/certificates relating to educational qualification, Date of Birth, Experience (preferably in prescribed format), Desirable Qualification(s) or any other information, as claimed in the online application, in a single pdf file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 2 MB and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the following documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale. Documents like Pay Slip, Resume, Appointment Letter, Relieving Letter, Un-signed Experience Certificate etc. must not be uploaded in the Document Upload Module:-
2. Closing Date For Submission Of Online Recruitment Application (Ora) Through Ora Website Is 23:59 Hrs On 02.01.2020. The Last Date For Printing Of Completely Submitted Online Application Is Upto 23:59 Hrs On 03.01.2020.